My husband is a great cook. Unfortunately for me, his work hours don’t allow him to get his hiney in the kitchen to make my dinner nearly as often as I’d like. In our previous life, when we both worked full-time and we were child-free, we’d make most of our evening meals together. He’d grill some form of meat while I whipped up the side dishes, and we’d do the dishes together. Now those types of collaborations only happen on the weekends, which is when he introduced me to the taste sensation of Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders.
On this fateful day, we had bacon ready for Sunday breakfast, but the kids received several compliments on their behavior at church, so we went out for donuts and hot chocolate, bumping the bacon to dinner duty. Donuts for breakfast and bacon for dinner? Everyone’s a winner!
These Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders are as moist and delicious as they look. Everyone loved them, and there were zero leftovers. The spices are perfect, adding to the flavor of the chicken and bacon without overpowering it. We made ours on our beloved Traeger wood-fired grill, but they could also be grilled over indirect heat on a traditional grill or popped in the oven at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes. If you like your bacon extra crispy, broil your finished product for a few minutes to your desired crispness (we didn’t do that this time).
We completed this delicious dinner with rice and sauteed fresh green beans. YUM!
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- 1 lb chicken tenders (aprox 10 chicken tenders)
- 10 strips bacon
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ -1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 TBSP chili powder
- Preheat smoker (or grill or oven) to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over all sides of the chicken tenders, covering them completely in spices.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each tender. Tuck in the ends.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder together, and sprinkle generously over the bacon-wrapped chicken on all sides. Press the brown sugar mixture onto the chicken so it doesn't come off.
- Place bacon-wrapped chicken on smoker and cook with lid closed for about 30 minutes, or until chicken and bacon are done.
- If desired, place chicken on a cookie sheet and broil for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
Recipe modified from Divas Can Cook.
This post contains affiliate links.