We are almost a half a year away from Thanksgiving, but I can’t stop thinking about sweet potatoes. I’m not talking about the healthy-type baked sweet potatoes topped with skinny things like broccoli, ground turkey, or black beans. The sweet potatoes clouding my brain are the buttery kind topped with things like salt, pepper, and delicious brown sugar.
You won’t believe how easy these Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes are, and if you are like me, and need to scratch that Thanksgiving itch more than once a year, may I suggest this Crock Pot Roasted Turkey to go with your spuds? It is another easy recipe that reminds you of those fancy holiday dinners, without having to get out the good dishes or navigate family politics over the sound of football and crying children.
Since it’s July, skip the pumpkin pie and have watermelon for dessert. Mmm…watermelon. Now that’s something to give thanks for.
Easy Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Place sweet potatoes in slow cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
- Pour butter over it all, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours or low 4 hours, stirring once during cooking.
- Stir once more before serving to get all the sugary, buttery goodness all over the sweet potatoes.
I used my 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker to make these Easy Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes.