It has been cold here in Connecticut. I am constantly hiding under a blanket, and no one in our household wants to be outside. Not the adults, not the kids, not even the dog, and he usually loves playing in the snow. The only good thing about this weather is that it makes me love my Crock Pot even more than usual, and warm, hearty meals like these Easy Beef and Beans are the perfect accompaniment to my slippers and Snuggie.
I served ours in a bowl like chili the first night, in a tortilla with rice the second night, and over rice the third night. That’s right. We got three meals out of this recipe, and I never got tired of it.
If you aren’t feeding kids, you may want to spice this up a bit. My husband and I added hot sauce to ours, which is what we have to do to accommodate everyone’s tastes. If I make our meals too spicy, the kids complain that their faces are on fire, and that doesn’t make for a peaceful dinner table.
- 1 1/2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can 16 oz diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Place meat in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add mustard, spices, and garlic, and toss to coat.
- Dump tomatoes, onion, and beans on top of meat.
- Cover, and cook on low for 5-6 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over rice, or in a tortilla.
Modified from Slow & Simple.
I used my 6.5-Quart Crock-Pot Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker to make these Crock Pot Beef and Beans.