I have something to tell you guys, and maybe you’ve already heard. School is starting soon, and the lazy days of summer are coming to an end. In the fall. evenings are going to be hectic and you need to do yourself a favor and find a few favorite go-to Crock Pot recipes to make dinnertime easier. I like simple recipes that can be thrown together quickly, and that I know my kids will eat.
This Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is one of those recipes, and I can’t believe I haven’t shared it yet! Or maybe I have, and I don’t remember. Our Crock Pot Thursday crew likes chicken recipes, and we’ve got sooo many of them. You like chicken, too, right? How about easy meals? You like them, too, right?
Just kidding! I know you do.
This Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is a “dump and go” recipe, and can be served over rice, in a tortilla, or even with noodles. Throw in some jalapenos or chilis if you want to spice it up a bit. Add or subtract veggies based on your family’s likes, or, if you’re like me, based on what ingredients you have on hand.
Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken
Crock Pot Thursday: Creamy Salsa Chicken
- 2 lbs frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (18 oz) jar medium salsa
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 oz cream cheese
- tortillas or rice for serving
- Place frozen chicken in Crock Pot, and dump salsa, black beans, corn, and onions on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and shred.
- Add cream cheese and stir.
- Put chicken back in the Crock Pot and mix everything until combined.
- Serve in a tortilla or over rice.
[Tweet “This Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is simple, versatile, and tasty!”]
4 thoughts on “Crock Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken”
Okay, any time I can throw in FROZEN chicken into the pot it is a win-win! I always mean to thaw stuff out the night before but between the naked kids refusing baths to falling asleep on the couch with a glass of wine after chasing naked kids through the yard I often forget!
So excited for this one!
Forgetting to thaw stuff is my signature move, too. I hope you love this as much as I do!
Yummy! I am gonna give this a try.