I love peanut butter. When I was a girl, my grandma and I both loved eating peanut butter straight off of the spoon. We also both loved chocolate covered raisins, but with more than 20 grandchildren hanging around, she hid her raisins in her bedroom closet. Her peanut butter she’d share, but not her chocolate. I only have two kids sniffing around for anything candy-like, and now I regret the times I would sneak into her room and guiltily shove a handful of chocolate covered raisins in my face.
I think she knew, but she never called me on it. My grandma just got me, and in my awkward years, which spanned longer than seems fair, that was very comforting. Now my kids love “peanut butter lollipops” too, and while I know the fact that we all like peanut butter isn’t unique, it still makes me happy.
I also love chicken, but don’t have a fuzzy memory to go with that food. It just tastes good, and is great in the slow cooker.
This Crock Pot Chicken with Peanut Sauce came from inside my sister-in-law’s Crock Pot liner packaging, so I can’t link to the original recipe this was modified from, but shout out to Regency Slow Cooker Savers!
I used my 6.5-Quart Crock-Pot Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker to make this Crock Pot Chicken with Peanut Sauce.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce sauce
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped green onions, both white and green parts
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken in slow cooker, and top with bell pepper strips.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over the top.
- Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Add peanut butter to sauce and stir to combine.
- Return chicken to Crock Pot and mix into the peanut sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles, and garnish with green onions, peanuts, and lime.
This was easy, and it was very good. I loved the peanut flavor, and spicy hints. I would not change a thing--I followed the recipe exactly.
What a great dish. I love the spices mixed with peanut butter. It was a delicious meal and when trying to think of what I would do differently, I couldn't think of anything!
I really liked this chicken, and my son gobbled it up. We grown-ups would have liked a little more spice, but it was perfect for the kiddos. Next time I'll keep an eye on the cook time, as my bell peppers were a little mushy. The flavor was great, though, and we'll make this again for sure! Don't skip the garnish. It makes the meal.
[Tweet “This Crock Pot Chicken with Peanut Sauce is simple and delicious!”]