This copycat recipe is hearty, delicious, and is perfect for fall. I haven’t had the Olive Garden version of pasta e fagioli for so long, I can’t say if the recipe is an accurate mimic, but it tasted great, and we’ll certainly make it again.
Grab a spoon and join me in a little taste of Italy, because when you’re here, you’re family (or whatever it is they say in the Olive Garden commercials).
Crock Pot Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 3 (10 ounce) cans beef stock
- 3 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 5 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 (20 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces pasta
- Brown beef and add to slow cooker with everything else except pasta.
- Cover, and cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Stir in pasta, and cook 30 minutes to an hour, or until pasta is al dente.
- NOTE: If you like your soup more soupy, cook pasta separately and add to soup. The soup gets much thicker otherwise.
This soup was great! I followed the recipe exactly, and used whole wheat elbow macaroni. I added it the last hour of cooking, and it was perfect. This soup makes great leftovers, the flavors seem better every day. The noodles did not seem to ever get mushy.
Another hit! This recipe makes a lot - my crock pot was filled to the top - so it's a good thing we all enjoyed this soup. In fact, we agreed with Linda that the flavor is even better the next day. The only variation I made was adding some salt at the end and a bit more beef stock. Even then, it's pretty thick, but we like it that way.
One kid loved this soup, the other declared it "yuck." She's crazy, though, because it was chock full of things she loves. My husband appreciated how thick this soup was, but I prefer mine a bit thinner, and next time, I may cook the noodle separately. We'll make this again.
I used my 6.5-Quart Crock-Pot Programmable Touchscreen Slow Cooker to make this Crock Pot Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli Soup.
Modified from Food.com.