10 Life Lessons from Kindergartners
2. New things can be scary. The things that are scary are often the things that are worth it. Get out of your comfort zone and try something different. Like putting your face in the water. Or wearing skinny jeans.
3. Sharing a meal with friends is a wonderful thing. Whether the cafeteria, happy hour, or a dinner party; food and companionship are good for the soul.
4. It’s important to make time for yourself. Sometimes you gotta step away from the Legos to use the bathroom, and sometimes you gotta step away from the kids to get your nails did.
5. Following the rules makes you popular with authority figures. Teachers and bosses love kids that don’t make any noise.
6. Breaking the rules can make you popular with peers. As long as you aren’t infringing on someone else’s rights, or pulling someone’s hair (unless they are into that), breaking the rules can be fun and harmless. Interesting people rarely color inside the lines.
7. It’s exhausting being good all day. When you get home, sometimes you just want to take off your “good kid face” or your bra.
8. It’s okay to miss your mom and dad. Being where you need to be sometimes means being away from those you love.
9. Sometimes you have to do things you don’t want to do. Standing in line, sitting quietly, following the speed limit, and paying taxes are all annoying things we do for the greater good.
10. A snack and a hug usually make things better.