My husband is a good cook. I’ve shared a few of his recipes on here, but every time I do, he gets annoyed. He hates the million questions I have, like “How long does it cook?” and “What are the ingredients?” I think those details are kind of important, but his answers are more along the lines of “Grilled meat is done by feel, not by time,” and “I use enough spice to coat it.”
I understand that measurements don’t have to be completely precise, but throw me a bone, man. Are we talking five minutes, or a half hour? A teaspoon or a quarter cup?
These Crock Pot Little Smokies are crazy easy, and only contain four ingredients. We still had to talk about it for longer than he would have liked. It’s cool, though. He’s adorable when he’s irritated, and you’re going to love these tiny little weiners.
You should take them to a party. Have you ever noticed how excited people get when you walk into a party carrying a Crock Pot? And these are so much easier than so many appetizers and side dishes!
Crock Pot Little Smokies
- 2 16 oz packages little smokies (aka lit'l smokies or cocktail wieners)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 18 oz bottle barbeque sauce (Use Sweet Baby Ray's if you want to knock this recipe out of the park.)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the little smokies and garlic powder, stirring to coat the sausages in buttery goodness.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes, just long enough to brown the sausages a little bit.
- Add the barbecue sauce, stirring until combined, and transfer everything to Crock Pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours, or until your guests arrive and wonder what that delicious smell is.
- Serve with toothpicks.
[Tweet “These Crock Pot Little Smokies will make you the most popular person at any potluck!”]